Dogging locations in Durham
- Over the Viaduct towards Crook there is a small car park on the right, along with a picnic area and old railway (walkway). Dogging action after dark.
- Picnic area on A68 near to Crook with 24 hour toilets. Lots of wooded areas, popular with both the gay community and doggers.
- On the A66, eastbound from Darlington towards Stockton. A long lay-by, set back from road, about half way between Darlington and Stockton. Late nights around 11.30, various activity including male/female couples.
- The lay-by at Swan House in Darlington is located about one and a half along the Darlington to Corbridge road and is surrounded by trees. There is a secluded path leading away from the area, and this is where the dogging action takes place. The site is also used by the local gay community.
- South of Newton Aycliffe on the A68 towards Corbridge. A lay-by just past the Caravan Dealers on the left. It's surrounded by trees with lots of dogging activity with couples and singles. Especially at the weekend.
- Seaham car-park on the sea front next to Seaham Hall gates and on the coast road towards Ryhope next to the railway.
- Come off the A19 and follow towards Sedgefield Racecourses. Take a right at the round about and you'll end up at Hardwick Hall. Best between 7pm and 2am for couples.
- A184 heading west from Tesco's Roundabout. Take first turning on left down country lane. Used mainly by gays, but some doggers. Flash brake lights for action.
- The picnic site right next to the B6296 is used by couples. Salters gate is 2 miles north of Tow Law off A68. Heading north out of Tow Law on A68 passed the salt dump and picnic area on right, proceed for 0.6 of a mile to crossroads and turn left and follow the road to the wooded area at the old POW camp - exceptional on a fine day but not when raining. Ideal for indoor or outdoor dogging activities.
- lay-by at golf club at castle Eden good at week days 9am till 11pm
A19 Wolviston Roundabout
- private road that used to be the old old a19, quiet enough always busy
A689 on way to H/pool
- Unsigned posted lay-by, sheltered by trees. Very good spot. Mostly gay guys and couples from time to time. More couples and females needed for sexy flirting. Weekends good, can be busy during the week nights as used as a truck pull in.
- A689 Rushyford lay by is active for gay male sex. Was visiting around 5pm and had some good fun.
Between Eaglescliffe and Teesside Airport
- head for Tesco Eaglescliffe take first exit at roundabout and straight over the next one, follow road under bridge then there's a long left bend followed by a long right bend on this bend is a lay by located to your left pull in and enjoy single male, females and couples
Bishop Auckland to Spennymoor road
- head from bishop Auckland to Spennymoor go past the petrol station on the right and take the slip road on the left behind the trees before you get to the first roundabout. Excellent weekend dogging action
- the viaduct now is monitored by police regular....very risky few been caught out!
- Car park at the back of industrial estate busy between 12 and 3 am on a weekend
- lane behind bus stop opposite old brewery. very quiet very good daytime. only one way in so you can see who's coming
Catterick race course
- the car park facing Catterick race course, set back towards the trees, and in the car park behind the pub facing the race course.... held after 11pm
- after dark in the main car park at weekends plenty of action there anything goes
- Main Car Park in Consett, near Shield Taxis. Plenty of action after dark
- the nature reserve and walk way gates are open till late and benches are available the lane is also easy to use and no police
- Crimdon Dene car park at night.
Darlington and Walworth castle
- head out of Darlington through Cockerton and head toward Walworth castle as you go up the country rd the rd bends sharp left but there is a turning right take the right and about half a mile up there is a wooded area on the right pull in and flash your lights for action
- Belmont Park and Ride, better known as "Pork & Ride"at the far end of car park "A" any time of the day. Pull your car up and wait for the action to start.
Eaglescliffe Nature Reserve
- The nature reserve car park halfway between Long Newton and Eaglescliffe, about half a mile from the industrial plant on the right if coming in from Eaglescliffe. Very secluded, hardly any traffic, the perfect spot for fun after dark.
gate 4, Teesside airport
- when you get to Middleton St.George, follow down the hill and go under the bridge. as you get under the bridge, there is an immediate right bearing road. follow that road until you get to a right bend, in front of that bend, you'll see a huge gate with a 4 on it. this is the bottom of the west end of the runway and is often used by couples for sex sessions late at nights.
- follow the Darlington road out east towards the airport, as you carry on past the airport, you will see Teesside airport rail link next to the road, carry on heading towards the ICI factory, you will see a lay-by set off from the road on the right. this is where a lot of dogging also takes place. word of warning!!!! security camera watching lay-by and airfield landing lights might also make the action visible from the road at night. otherwise, i have been told its a good spot and used often. this is the east end of the runway.
- top of loud bank at Greencroft near annfield plain old water board place very good for outdoor fun high wall all around great for couples and singles
- picnic area just past hamsterley on the way to shotley bridge, mostly gay, bi but some couples. anytime day or night
- picnic area past Hamsterley on the way to Shotley bridge. Mainly gay/bi but also couples, anytime
- Lots of outdoor fun in the forest on a weekend by fun couples, Friday, Saturday night 7.30 onwards, especially on the outskirts of the forest
- off A19 onto A689 towards Hartlepool long lay by just after Newton Bewly good after eight and before eleven couples singles etc
- Hetton country park & lakes car park, the top car park at end of industrial estate best time usually weekdays around 8pm onwards. Straight and bi fun ..... See you guys there
Malton near Lanchester
- Thursday, Friday or Saturday action after 10pm. A few couples also get in Saturday lunch time.
Malton picnic area
- couples during summer time also some gay action Durham to Consett road
- famous spot in shields secluded car park total darkness brake lights to initiate action .
Morrison's Seaburn back car park
- great dogging site total darkness. just by beach
Near Warden Law
- follow road from Houghton le Spring to Seaham turn off left past Warden Law into secluded lane often cars parked there at weekends
Newcastle on Tyne
- drive along bottom road, parallel along riverside, car park on left, at the back of n/c arena open 24/7, big green gates, before you get to business park, some dogging and gay and bi activity
Newham Grange Park, Stockton
- Near the swings on a weekend after 9 p.m.
- South of Newton Aycliffe on the A68 towards Corbridge. A lay-by just past the Caravan Dealers on the left. It's surrounded by trees with lots of dogging activity with couples and singles mainly gays.
- car park next to football field, great after dark.
- after dark a very large car park secluded and woods near.
- left turn towards Maguires Chip shop and the social club carry on along road until just before the Bridge turn right towards Tesco and on your left is a secluded car park. Be careful as the ground is bumpy in the car park and walkers use it during the Day.
- Monitored by police, We've been spotted a few times. Times can vary from dinner on Sundays to 12midnight Fridays Never seen couples apart from us!
- Hi, lay-by is not closed but mainly gay/bi guys. A few couples use it but not many. Used to be better!
Salters gate tow law
- a few couples getting back here on a sat lunch time also Friday & Saturday nights
Seaton Carew Hartlepool
- the blue lagoon, just along for Seaton golf course, best late at night between 11pm and 3am
Stanhope, Bishop Auckland
- At The Top of Crawleyside bank, heading towards castle side, there is a small car park to the left, Dogging After Dark!
- straight / bi action, located in roker retail park car park Sunderland near stadium of light and metro station. main nights wed-fri but used 7 days a week. turn on reading light for attention. cya there...
Sunniside Nr Towlaw
- Tried this spot last week, quite a few getting there just after dark, well worth the trip, nice one doggers, keep it up.
- Sundays seem to be popular at this spot, normally after dark although iv heard of daytime action. mostly married couples and single males/females. Its really opened up my eyes and the mrs loves it. people travelling far and wide to go there, excellent spot.
- Head south on the A68 through Towlaw and turn left on the bend after the petrol station, sign posted for Willington. Continue this road for about half a mile and bear left before the first house in Sunniside, follow this back lane for about half a mile to where it bends sharp left and park up. Had some good action there in recent months, well worth a visit. Have fun.
Thorpe Thewles walkway
- this is now gated and closed but the lane is VERY long to park up and the picnic area and benches are available to use. loads of parking space. can never get locked in. in summer nights this can be a great place just use the benches for gang bangs
- wooded area on left as heading towards edmondsly used frequently by gay men but also occasional couples, though more so at night
- Near Chester le Street. Gay / Bi / couples, best after dark as the car parks are used by walkers during daylight hours.
- Mostly Gay male to male cruising and pick up.....couples after dark....very busy!
Waldridge fell near chester-le -street
- head up Waldridge road from Chester-le-street there are 3 car parks 2 on left they are best and one on right lots of gay fun up here.Just be careful of the dog walkers
- carparks off main road
- Crowther Road, near to Holiday Inn, small car park on right hand side next to allotments. Plenty of wooded areas around. Few cars after dark
- wildfowl park car park and James Stelle park they is few dogging places and they are good place quiet area so you don't get disturbed
- if you get to Fatfield bridge on the side where the pubs are there is a lane along by the river opposite the Biddick pub. If you drive along just before you get to the farmhouse there is a track on the left go up there its very dark hopefully this will catch on
- Along the old railway line there is a small wooded area. Dogging action after dark, and sometimes during the day.
- On the A68 heading towards Darlington from West Auckland, lay-by top of hill. Friday nights after 12pm 3 or 4 couples in most Friday nights
- The car park near the river in-between Willington and Tod Hills!